Saturday 5 January 2013

Senegal - Gambia - Senegal, pictures

Club Voilier de Dakar, Dec 2012.



Capitaine Monsieur Paul, Club Voilier de Dakar, Dec 2012



The trip to Banjul was not what one would call an 'epic voyage'..


.. only when I was at the river entrance the wind suddenly started blowing at 25 knots.

Ferry terminal of Banjul
After I cleared customs in Banjul I headed to Oyster creek. However, when I got stuck at the entrance I decided to go straight to Lamin Lodge.

The jetty at Lamin Lodge
Lamin Lodge
Filling the water tank at Lamin Lodge



Early morning, sitting in the cockpit watching the mist creeping through the creek.
On my way from Lamin Lodge to James Island on the river Gambia.
James Island is situated in the middle of the river Gambia. I was lucky to arrive there after five o clock, so all the guides and visitors had gone home and I could explore the island by myself.

After James Island, I continued to Bintang Bolong where I arrived in the dark and dropped anchor just in front of the village.
Bintang Bolong
Bintang Lodge. A beautiful lodge with a large swimming pool and terrace on the water. Yet, I was the only customer. According to the staff, the all-inclusive package deals the big hotel chains in Banjul offer have a significant negative impact on the local lodges and restaurants.
Bintang Lodge
No, this is not a sign of drought nor climate change..
Jetty at Bwiam
Road to Bwiam